Thursday, September 24, 2015

Preschool

Today marked Leo's first day of preschool, I'm not sure if he or Georgia was more excited.  We'd been to meet the teacher and made a placemat last week and since then Leo's smiles were growing bigger and bigger each time school was brought up.

Today before Georgia headed off for the bus I asked her if she had any advice for Leo on his first day of school.  She knelt down and looked him right in the eyes and said, "Buddy, remember, don't bite anyone and don't hit anyone... and have fun."  Good advice considering he's in a room full of two year olds.

We took a few pictures then headed for school.  Since it's a co-op preschool I will stay some days and luckily I got to stay today to see his first experience in school.  He found his cubby, hung up his coat, washed his hands and got to work, or rather play.

I was happy to see my sometimes shy guy venture out and explore areas of the classroom without me.  There was the sensory table filled with rice, playdoh, painting but first he headed straight to the play kitchen and began whipping up a meal.  I love how much Leo uses his imagination in playing and pretending.

After circle time, songs, playing outside and having snack it was time for one last song, Leo got up from the snack table and threw away his garbage and went and sat right next to his teacher.  He stayed there (and not by me) for the rest of class happily participating in the last few activities.  Just before leaving for the day, I said, let's go say goodbye to teacher Becky, Leo ran over to her and threw his arms around her.

I'm so happy he had a great day, only 15 more years of school before you'll head off to college Leo, may you always enjoy school as much as you did today.









No comments:

Post a Comment