Monday, January 19, 2015

#strongagainstcancer

I first heard about Strong Against Cancer the day before Thanksgiving, I saw it on Facebook, asking people to send photos of their kids being strong against cancer.  Russell Wilson was acting as team captain to lead the charge in beating childhood cancer.

The next day we saw a TV spot during the Seahawks game, promoting Strong Against Cancer, Seattle Children's and the Ben Towne Center for Childhood Cancer Research.  The spot talked about the cutting edge research that is happening right here in Seattle and how there are great strides being made in changing the way children beat this disease.

To learn more go to:  http://www.strongagainstcancer.org/

Yesterday I cheered for the Seahawks, with two minutes left, Leo woke up from his nap, I ran upstairs to get him and on the way back down, missed the last step and sprained my ankle.  With icing and elevation prescribed, my sister offered to take Georgia for the day, she was thrilled.  Just before Brian left to take her out there I texted my sister and asked her to take a couple of pictures today to mark four years post transplant, of course, she said!

I was a little sad I didn't get to celebrate this day with Georgia the way we usually do but knew Georgia would prefer time with her cousins over me any day!

I checked in with my sister a few hours later, she said they were having a great time and that she'd send me pictures soon.  This is what she sent, I cannot tell you how much I love these pictures, strong healthy cousins playing together, it just doesn't get better.

She posted a few pictures to Facebook with the caption, Four years ago today my niece had a bone marrow transplant. Today we are celebrating her HEALTH! Georgia, you are positively and without a doubt ‪#‎strongagainstcancer‬ We love you!

Thank you Les, for always being such an incredible sister, aunt and friend.

 Strong Against Cancer!










No comments:

Post a Comment