Monday, February 23, 2015

Thank You

It's hard to explain the literal functions of the human body to a child, let alone the inter workings of a bone marrow transplant and an immune system.  We've always told Georgia that she received a present from a man in Germany, and that the present is inside her body.
More recently we've  talked about who that man in Germany is and why she needed his help.  I told her that the immune system she was born with didn't work very well and that Manuel was very generous and gave her part of his so she could have a new one.
Several weeks ago I was working on the computer, Georgia asked for a piece of paper and a pen.  She laid down on the floor and started asking how to spell certain words, I went letter by letter while still trying to focus on what I was working on.  "Ok," she said, "the last word I need is Manuel, how do you spell that mom?"  I stopped, turned around and couldn't believe what I saw, Georgia beaming with pride and her sweetly written words.  She asked me to mail her letter to Manuel, I snapped a quick picture before she found an envelope and put it inside.





No comments:

Post a Comment