Saturday, May 31, 2014

Preschool

This past week, Georgia officially finished her first year of preschool.  Despite having a cold just about every two weeks the year really flew by.  I remember her doctors asking how I thought Georgia would do without me, at school or on a play date.  They knew I was always with her but I knew Georgia was just fine.  I'll never forget the first day of school, we started two weeks after everyone else due to a bad cold.  Georgia didn't know anyone, yet there wasn't a hesitant bone in her body, she walked right in and was thrilled to see a name tag with her name on it.  She walked into the classroom and didn't look back, not even to say goodbye, she couldn't wait to get started.
There was a never a day that Georgia didn't want to go to school, often asking on her off days when she'd get to go back.  It's become clear that Georgia doesn't know a stranger, she has no hesitation walking up to a child, saying hi and starting to play.  She is friendly and kind and very social, she follows rules and has fun and finally, likes to get messy!  Between dress-up, play-doh, painting, the climber, music and story time I think Georgia enjoyed it all but was best know for her "trick."  At the end of the day the teacher and students would sit in a circle and sing a little song for each kid, it went, Hello Georgia, how are you, do a trick for us and we'll clap for you..."  then the child would go to the middle of the circle and do anything they wanted, some did a twirl, some a karate move, some declined to go to the middle but Georgia, she most often made an attempt at a cartwheel that often ended in a flip.  If she went over she would stand up, all smiles, thrilled that she'd gone all the way over and say, "I'm OK!"
I am so proud of her, my heart literally aches with pride, for who she is and all that she is able to do.  I am so grateful that this is what is happening in her life, just as it should be.

 Preschool Picture

Happily playing at school
All smiles
Goofball


After we got home on her last day, I grabbed the camera and brought it outside, Georgia was happy to document the day and even suggested that she sit in the poses below.  When I look at these pictures I realize how much Georgia has changed, she's not a baby anymore, she looks so grown up.












1 comment:

  1. Have never met you and Georgia in person, but Alison... I just adore Georgia! (second photo from the bottom is my fav!)

    ReplyDelete