Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year we headed down to the South Sound for a beautiful Thanksgiving with the Handsakers, the weather was gorgeous and we all enjoyed a wonderful dinner. 
I'm always thankful, it's hard to look at my children and not feel thankful but this year felt extra special, having two children, celebrating Leo's first Thanksgiving and this year being able to say a name when referring to how thankful we are for Georgia's donor.  Life has gotten a little crazy since having two children, always rushing here or there, making sure everyone is fed, bathed and getting enough sleep, but even in the chaos of life I am brought to a screeching halt when I think about how profoundly a stranger has utterly changed the course of my life.  If he were not her donor she may not be here, if she weren't here, Leo wouldn't be here, it's all mindboggling how the kind and generous act of one human being can alter the course for so many others.
I am beyond words when I think about how thankful I am for him, for his selflessness for his generosity and for literally giving the gift of life to my family.  Cheers to you, Mr. Germany, thankful will never be enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment