Saturday, December 7, 2013

Annie!


A few months ago my dear friend Jody invited Georgia and I to go with her family to see Annie, I jumped at the opportunity!  Leading up to the play I think Jody and I were more excited than the kids, this production is a classic!  I did my best to explain that there would be kids singing and dancing and that it would be a lot of fun.  Georgia was excited, a little confused and certain that Annie herself was going to call her up on stage to dance with her.
After arriving the kids got settled in and the play began, I looked over and saw Georgia tapping her toe to the music, enjoying the show.  A short while later, in a loud whisper she told me she had to go to the bathroom, I stalled as long as I could, wanting to see all of the "It's the hard knock life" number then we headed to the restroom.  Once we were out of the theatre Georgia told me she was scared and didn't like Ms. Hannigan, I convinced her to go back in and luckily she was back into the show in no time. 
At the intermission the kids got "Sandy" dogs to take home, they came with adoption certificates which we were told a member of the cast would sign afterward!  The play continued and I couldn't help but well up with tears when I heard Annie singing Tomorrow, I remember playing this for Georgia when she was so sick, now I heard the words and looked over at my girl, who would have thought.
When the play finished we headed to the lobby and met the orphans, Sandy and Annie herself.  Thank you Jody, we had a fantastic time!
 
Heading out to the show!
 
Anna, John & Georgia
Sandy dogs
 
The girls waiting for the show to begin
Georgia and the orphans
Sandy the dog
Annie herself!
 
This is what happened the next morning....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment