Monday, September 30, 2013

School Girl

Well, we're in the big time now, Georgia is officially a school girl!  Today she was all smiles when she woke up, first words out of her mouth, "I'm going to school today!"  After breakfast she got dressed in the outfit she'd picked out.  Before heading out for a quick picture, Georgia put on her "shiny boots" as I was zipping up mine, she said, "we both have boots on mom, because we're stylish."  Already a fashion maven whose all about style. 
We arrived at school and headed in, she hung up her coat and waited to meet her teacher.  Georgia said hi to teacher Janet and she helped her put her nametag on.  Then, she was off, coming back quickly to show me where she'd been, "LOOK!"  She was looking into a room filled with a sensory table filled with soapy water, painting easels, a play kitchen and more.. she was thrilled.  She looked up at me and said, "you can go now mom."  Her teacher looked at me and said, "wow, she's ready!" 
I felt so happy, leaving her in a place she was so happy, playing with kids and being so normal, she deserves this time in her life!
When I picked her up she had two art projects to bring home and her teacher asked if I was sure she hadn't been in school all year, she did great.
I am so excited for Georgia to be in school for many reasons but one most of all is for other people to know her, not because she had cancer, not because she's a survivor, because she is Georgia, plain and simple, there is so much to know, all wrapped up in this adorable little girl.
Someone made a comment today that I just loved, she said, "Go light the world on fire, Georgia."  You know what?  I think she just might.
 
 If you look, Georgia is pointing at herself.. I asked, "whose first day of school is it?"
 That's right!
 Leo was up and accompanied me to drop Georgia off at school
 I'm beyond proud of my girl!
 When I left, Georgia was at the "sensory table" washing baby dolls

1 comment: