Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4th

There are many significant dates in my life, but none that have changed it as profoundly as October 4, 2010.  The day we were told Georgia had cancer turned my world upside down in a way that I will never fully recover from.  This date changed, well, everything.  So each day that passes as we continue to forge ahead on this journey I am grateful for the gifts in my life, my family, friends and even strangers who have all been so supportive.  I don't take things for granted the way I used to, living life on your own terms, the health of a child, all things that used to seem a given.
I don't believe there are mistakes in life, I will never know why Georgia had to suffer the way she did but I believe this was part of her story whether she was mine or anyone else's.  I can't tell you how humbling it is to know that God, or the universe or the powers that be entrusted me with this most precious gift, I feel so lucky to be her mom.
Today, I got to take both of my kids to the park, it was a beautiful, crisp and sunny fall day.  I convinced Georgia to let me take a few pictures then she was off, all over the playground, enjoying every moment.  We ended our afternoon with a stop at our favorite cupcake shop where the taste of freedom was extra sweet.








2 comments:

  1. I recall a picture of Georgia from probably 2011 on those same steps. It was precious and so are these. You went through hell and just kept going. You are wonderful my friend. A brilliant mother and human being. Love you...You will always win. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met you and your family in person, but I have followed your journey. This year's photos bring tears to my eyes more than any other. Seeing Georgia do all the wonderful normal things any child should be able to do, and seeing her smile, never fails to make me smile and think a thankful thought. The lovely simple things in life are such a blessing! Sending {love} from Whidbey. :)

    ReplyDelete