Thursday, August 8, 2013

All things Georgia, All things Leo


Ah, my Georgia girl, you amaze me daily.  You have become half my brain, always wanting to help write the grocery list and keep me on track with what I sent out to accomplish in a day, your memory is incredible.  You are an amazing big sister, every morning greeting Leo with a, "hi honey" in your sweet mini-mommy voice. 
You're very strong and continue to gain strength through Little Gym, if jumping were a real mode of transportation I think that'd be your choice.
You've become quite the negotiator, and I hear "but mom.." any time I ask you to do something that you don't want to.  For as much as you are pushing the boundaries, you have resumed holding my hand most of the time.  
You have become very interested in learning your letters and understanding which ones go with what words.
You have always been very aware, never missing the things that go on around you, several months ago I told you I was going to teach you our phone number, I said, you repeat the numbers that I say, I started, 206... then you immediately recited the rest of our phone number without me saying a word.. you'd heard me on the phone enough times that you'd already memorized on your own.

Some of my favorite things you say:
Hey guys (this starts most of your sentences)
Sa-lam-a-lee (Salami)
Yittle (little) you know how to say your "L's" but always say "yittle" and I love it.
In recent weeks you've told me that you want to be a doctor when you grow up, when I ask what a doctor does, you say, make people feel better.
Favorite color:  orange
Favorite thing to wear: tutu
Most fun thing to do: play with Sadie
Favorite food: noodles
You continue to be a snuggler and tell daddy and I that we are the best mommy and daddy you've ever seen!  We love you sweet girl, I'm so grateful that you're my daughter!






Oh baby Leo, what a gift you have been to our family.  You are a happy, mellow guy who loves to be part of the crowd. I often find myself thanking you for patients, you're (almost) always willing to happily wait as I tend to something (usually your sister) and then get to you - so goes the life of a second born, I know you'll be just fine because I too am a second born, patients is a good quality. You're rolling over both ways now and continue to have amazing strength, youre sitting up by yourself  too!   Your babbling is expanding in sounds and your smile lights up a room.  You've shown your empathetic side too, if Georgia is upset and crying, almost immediately your lips start to pucker and the tears flow.  Sleep is not your strong suit, I hope sleeping through the night is a skill that you'll acquire soon.  We all love you so much Leo, I'm so thankful for my sweet baby boy!




To my kids, you are everything I've dreamed of and more.  The love I have for you is greater than you'll ever know, this is true because with every button you push and every middle of the night wake up, there is still no place I'd rather be.




No comments:

Post a Comment