Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

I can't lie, in the days leading up to Thanksgiving it was all to easy to come with a long list of things that I am not thankful for, right now life just seems extra hard.  With the addition of prednisone and at least a six month set back in tapering immune suppression I have found myself in a place that I have successfully avoided for the most part - I'm angry.  I'm angry that I can't give my daughter all of the things she wants, I'm angry that she now has four additional medications to take and I'm angry that it feels like we aren't gaining any ground.  I would like to tell the world to leave us alone, or at the very least go pick on somebody else.  I'm tired, beat up and feel like life continues to chew me up and spit me out all while I try and put on a brave face for my girl.
Yesterday I was thankful that although Brian had to work he had a Seattle overnight and we were able to have dinner together.  After I told Georgia that dada would be home for dinner she ran around saying "dada eat, dada eat."  We sat down to dinner, held hands and said Grace - Georgia was a bit confused at her parents holding her hands and closing their eyes at the dinner table but she sat quietly - we gave thanks for our family, the kindness so many people have shown to us and for a stranger, there is a young man in Germany who has changed our lives and we are certainly thankful for him.  What I am most thankful for is my daughter, she is the only reason I am able to move through this process.  For better or worse I always go back to being an eternal optimist and I'll get back there soon, I just need a break to be really mad at what's happened to our family.  The evening ended by Georgia's NG tube malfunctioning and we had to pull it out so for now my frustration continues - it has to get better soon... until then this little turkey will keep me smiling.


Currently Georgia has two favorite things - taking her pants & diaper off...
 and putting on her new cowgirl boots!
Georgia with her very first snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment