Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday

To my most amazing child,
Georgia the past year has been unthinkable in so many ways but I look at you today, my two year old and continue to be amazed at how resilient you are.  You've grown, you're walking.. running, talking up a storm, just a normal two year old who has had anything but a normal life.
You say "please" for things you want, although you don't understand that using the word doesn't automatically get you what you want.  You have also taken to saying "mine"... every time with a huge smile on your face, knowing it's a bit of a game.  I remember a comment a nurse made the night after you were born, she'd come in to check on you and said - This girl is a snuggler and she knows what she wants - this is still so true to this day.  You love to snuggle, I see you doing this more and more with your toys but you're almost always up for a snuggle with me.  You know what you want and your expanding vocabulary is making it easier to understand what that is.. you've become more independent, wanting to do things by yourself, but aren't afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Today we had your first official full-fledged birthday party complete with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and some of our closest friends... we sang happy birthday three times at your request, and you had no trouble blowing out your candle two times!  This is the first time in more than a year that everyone has been together and you ate up every single second of it, when the last person was gone you starting asking for "more" of everyone. 
I love you with all my heart and soul, happy birthday and happy 10 months post transplant my love!

3 comments:

  1. By all means, Georgia has every right to be a total jerk. Instead, she's just a good little person. That heart of hers just explodes with love, goodness, and zest for life.

    Well done, Handsakers. Well done. Happy birthday to the girl with a heart of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy future to the most resiliant and loving family I know! Georgia is an inspriation to me every day. Every time I think things are not going my way her little face pops into my head and I know I am being selfish for no reason and I adjust my thoughts. Your family amazes me every day and I am so happy to have you as neighbors and friends. Dave say Hi Georgia!!
    *Had to correct my spelling errors.. :)

    ReplyDelete