Monday, November 14, 2011

Day +298

I can't stop crying, I was so sure that we were seeing a light at the end of the tunnel but a phone call today told me I was wrong.  This afternoon the SCCA called, the biopsies confirmed that Georgia has GVHD in her stomach, she starts prednisone tomorrow.  I feel so defeated but mostly so heartbroken for my baby girl.  All she wants to do is play with other kids, prednisone puts her at a greater risk of infection... I want to move on from this nightmare but the best case scenario is that she'll be on it for six months, then wait at least a month before being able to taper her immune suppression.  All of this just five days shy of her second birthday.  When will my child be able to be a child and not have to put on a brave face for constant blood draws, doctors visits and tests?

2 comments:

  1. Remember Winston...keep going, my friend, as you always do. It's not fair. Love you bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying with you... I was so hoping this was all just some bug that would run it's course and then be gone. I am so sorry... I have asked my family to add G to the prayer lists and circles again. None of you deserve this. This is not what parenthood is supposed to be about! I love you all and am here day or night.

    ReplyDelete