Monday, September 19, 2011

22 Months Old, 8 Months Post Transplant

Georgia, you continue to amaze me with your patience, humor and wit.  This month has brought new challenges with the NG tube, none of us like it but ultimately I think it's doing the job so we're stuck with it for a while.  You had a rough time adjusting to the tube and I wanted to make sure you understood this was not a permanent addition so I told you that your "line" will go ba-bye... now multiple times a day, you touch your line and say ba-bye?  I also wanted to communicate to you that you are still  in charge, that this pump and backpack that we're hauling around with us 19 hours a day isn't calling all of the shots - when the pump alarms (which happens far too often) we look at it and say SHHH! and No, No, No pump... you get a real kick out of this!  You have the patience of a saint, sitting so still for blood draws, always willing to take your meds and waiting for me as I carry your backpack around the house.
Last week daddy and I were frustrated about something, you walked over with a pen, looked at us, said draw? and started drawing on the wall - it was the comic relief we all needed although I think you got the message that it's funny to draw on walls.. parenting, always a work in progress!
You continue to be quite the conversationalist, chatting away and repeating everything we say.  You talk a lot about Aunt Leslie, or as you call her Nah.  You love seeing Blake and Lauren and have taken to carrying Lauren's picture around the house, having her do everything you do.. she even came with us to Children's today, such a good cousin! 

I love you more than words can say Georgia girl, you are truly an amazing child.

 ba-bye?

 Shh, no, no, no pump!

Happy 22 months baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment