Friday, May 6, 2011

When I wake up in the morning I'll be 34, there's no getting around it, that is the age of a grown up. I am certainly ready to leave 33 behind but there is a large part of me that thinks I'm still 29.
To date 33 has been the hardest year of my life but also one that taught me a lot about who I am, what I will stand for and what is important to me. I spend less time worrying about what others think and more time focusing on the simple pleasures I use to miss. Over the last several months some relationships have strengthened while others have been damaged. I have pushed my body and mind further than I thought possible and have greatly expanded my vocabulary. I have more wrinkles but care less about them and at the end of the day I just want peace for my little family. I have been commended for being the mother that I am but I truly believe that anyone in my shoes would be doing the same for their child.
My birthday this year falls the day before Mother's Day so naturally I have been thinking a lot about my mom. So much of who I am today is because of her, a parenting teacher by trade she loved being a mom and so do I. She would have so enjoyed seeing her daughters be moms themselves but to be a grandmother would have been sheer joy.
I have high hopes that 34 will be an uneventful year, meeting more milestones and moving toward our new normal. I look forward to getting back to just being Georgia's mom and getting caught up on some things we've been missing.

2 comments:

  1. FYI... I was 29 for 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said. you are truly the mom of the year.
    Hugs to you and SO fun seeing you last weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete