Friday, July 25, 2014

The Marrying Type

Yesterday, Georgia was chatting with one of her best buddies, Sadie, they were discussing marriage.  Georgia proudly announced that when she grew up she was going to marry Leo.  I didn't say a word, quietly smiling, enjoying overhearing this conversation.  Sadie is two years older than Georgia and a little wiser to how it all works, she said, Georgia, you can't marry Leo, he's your brother!  She was adamant, "Yes, Sadie, I'm going to marry Leo!"  Then they turned to me, "can she really marry Leo?"  I didn't give an answer one way or the other so the girls continued their conversation.  Georgia then said, in a tone that gave the impression she had it all figured out and was letting Sadie in on a little secret, "Sadie, my dad is already married so I have to marry Leo!"
Ah, let us soak up the moments when Georgia believes that her dad and her brother are the only men she'll ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment