Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year

On new years eve the kids and I packed up and took a flight home from Montana, grandpa graciously drove us to the airport and Auntie Leslie was kind enough to pick us up.  The house was cold and a bit of a mess when we got home.  I was a little frazzled, wanting to get the kids fed and to bed all the while feeling exhausted.  After the kids were asleep I decided to sit for a moment, I checked my email then my Facebook page where I found the perfect ending to a year full of positive changes.

Mr. Germany wrote:

Happy New Year!!! May all your dreams and wishes come true!!! In Germany we're already done with 2013. Enjoy your holidays in the snow. Greetings from Germany.

My heart swelled and my eyes filled up with tears.  I responded to his post, letting him know that he is such a huge part of why our dreams and wishes are coming true.  Whether scientific or metaphoric, Mr. Germany is a part of my daughter, knowing what kind person he is brings peace to my heart.

This year has been one of many firsts for us, we added a member to our family and tasted freedom in a whole new way, here are some of my favorite pictures of 2013.


 
 












 




 




1 comment:

  1. It was a very good year! :) And 2014, full of delightful firsts and fresh discoveries, will be too! Happy New Year! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete