Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful

Thankful doesn't even begin to describe how I feel toward a lot of things right now.  I remember last year feeling thankful but also having to nudge myself to remember all that I was, and still am thankful for.  Last year at this time Georgia had a feeding tube which was far harder than any of us anticipated and last Thanksgiving it malfunctioned and we had to pull it out, only to go in to have it replaced the next day.
Fast forward one year and I am overflowing with all things thankful, no nudging necessary.  We spent Thanksgiving with my parents and my sisters family, all of whom Georgia was giddy to see but none more than her cousins Blake & Lauren. 
We had a great day from start to finish, the kids ran around, played, laughed, ate and played some more, nothing makes me happier.  We stayed far past Georgia's bedtime, she fell asleep in the car, and as I carried her upstairs to bed she said, "Mama, I had a really good time."  I couldn't ask for more.
Throughout the day I certainly reflected on all that I have to be thankful for--- the support and generosity of so many friends, family and strangers throughout this journey, every card, email, text, blog comment, care package, hug and prayer have helped us to get where we are today, I am so grateful.  I am thankful for Georgia's doctors and nurses, we may have gotten off to a rough start but now I couldn't be more thankful for each one that has been on our team.
Most of all though, I am eternally thankful for a someone whom I've never met and know very little about, there is a young man in Germany who will never know the magnitude of the gift he gave.  I hope that he will be willing to communicate with us when we reach the two year mark, but in the meantime, for the third year running he was a part of our Thanksgiving toast, wherever you are, "Mr. Germany" we are so incredibly thankful for you.

 Three little turkeys 
 Cheers!
 Olives up!
Still going way past their bedtime


1 comment: