Friday, August 19, 2011

21 Months old, 7 months post transplant

Georgia girl, what a month it's been - less than three weeks ago you got your line out and you're still patting your chest and saying ba-bye, I think you're just as happy as we are that it's gone! Bath time has become much more fun, laying down or as you say going ni-night in the bathtub.

You have quite an opinion on your clothes already, I'll pick out a pair of pants or shirt, you'll say no and hand me what you want to wear.. we'll thumb through your hanging clothes and I'll ask - this one? No.. this one? No.. this one, yes!

You have also become quite the music connoisseur.. requesting songs - I'm not kidding, you like the "down" and "ba-bye" by Casper Babypants but your absolute favorite is the "uh-oh" song by Sugarland.. as the song comes to an end you get worked up saying more... more until it starts again!

You're working on your um, manners shall we say.. you think it's hilarious to say "uh... me, uh... me" - that's right, you are pretending to burp then saying (excuse) me.

You want to do more and more things without help, getting up on the couch, getting dressed.. the front door was open the other day, you grabbed my purse, slung it over your shoulder, had keys in hand, looked at me as you headed toward the door and said ba-bye.. oh, and you didn't have a thing on!

I continue to be amazed at all that you take in, the things you remember, words you can say and how well you do with all that you have to put up with. I love you my girl, how lucky I am to be your mom.





Ba-bye!

The only down side of not having a line -
you had your first lab draw and
they had to poke both arms.. you were upset,
but handled it like a champ!



Here you are shakin' it to your favorite song...



1 comment: