Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today was a big day.. Brian and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary and Bawdy had an ablation which is a form of heart surgery. Thankfully we are happy to report that Jim made it through surgery and is doing well!

Brian and I typically ask each other (usually last minute) if we're doing gifts for each other.. yesterday I said something to the effect of I hope you like your gift.. his response, "what? we're doing gifts?" I just smiled and thought surely he'll at least get me a card and flowers. After visiting his dad in the hospital he came home just in time to pop some champagne and get in the shower.. I had his gift and card on the table. He said, "well, here's your gift.. sorry it was last minute" .. it was a six pack of Redhook (my favorite beer) and flowers. I looked at the six pack, swallowed and thought I will tell him tomorrow how unhappy this makes me. A few minutes later he came in the kitchen and said "look what I found" it was a big gift bag.. inside I found a really sweet card and a beautiful bracelet... YES, he REMEMBERED!!! We had a really fun dinner at Zoe reliving the past three anniversaries and lots of memories. It was the first time in over a year that I wore a dress and heels.. I felt like a grown up.. a really tall grown up. Thanks to Nana for babysitting, we had a great time!



Leaving for dinner









No comments:

Post a Comment