Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lake Thomas.. a little piece of heaven

Brian has a book on northwest hiking and camping and under the section that covers Lake Thomas it refers to this area as god's country because of it's beauty. Every summer growing up I went to Lake Thomas with my mom, sister, aunt and her girls. We grew up going to a cabin that my great grandfather built, this is the same cabin that my mom also grew up going to... needless to say this place has a lot of special memories. A few years after my mom passed away my aunt bought a cabin three doors down from the original cabin, we are so thankful to be able to continue this family tradition. This year I was thrilled to introduce my daughter to a place that I refer to as a little piece of heaven.

The view from the dock

View from the deck

Relaxation is the name of the game at the lake

Always a good time with daddy

Trying her hand at fishing

Georgia liked the fast boat rides

Feeding the ducks

Mmmm.. sand

The water was warm!

Ah yes, I could get use to this

My Georgia girl


Practicing standing

Georgia & Aunt Suzanne

First Lake Thomas family photo

Thank you to Suzanne & Hank for a fantastic week!





No comments:

Post a Comment