Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was my first official Mother's Day and it was a day filled with love and emotion. I can't put into words how much I love being Georgia's mom - every cliche is true.. it's the hardest and most rewarding job I have ever had. Georgia brings endless joy and pride to my life and I feel so blessed that I can call her my daughter. Having a child has brought about so many questions for me, what was I like as a baby, what did my mom do when I didn't want to nap.. how should I or shouldn't I do certain things. My heart aches that my mom isn't here to help me through these questions but most of all that she isn't here to know her beautiful granddaughter that is carrying her name on. I know she is here in spirit and teared up when I saw one single iris blooming in my front yard this morning.. her favorite flower. Happy Mother's Day Grandma Claudia.

With all of that said, we did have a wonderful day.. Brian, Georgia and I drove up to Snoqualmie Falls to see the sights and enjoy the beautiful weather. This evening Brian's parents came over for a BBQ so Kathye could celebrate her first Mother's Day as a grandmother.. or Nana in her case.



























No comments:

Post a Comment