Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Four

I remember this day four years ago very clearly, Georgia, Brian and I were all sick as dogs with a head cold and I was extremely pregnant.  Showing no signs of progression I went to pick up Pho for dinner, something a friend had recommended to help us kick our colds.  I never did get to eat my Pho, shortly after coming home my contractions started and less than two hours later I was holding you in my arms.

I never knew how much I could love having a son, you are such an incredible human being, one I credit for helping our family regain the focus it desperately needed.  You allowed us to move away from the focus of doctors and sickness and move toward family and all the joy of my dream of being a family of four could bring.

Leo, you are sweet and funny, shy and silly, you love to snuggle and you are very coordinated.  You love to help me in the kitchen, and help dad with anything that has to do with tools.  You love your sister, you love playing with her.. anything from American Girl Dolls to air hockey, if your'e playing with her, you're happy.

You are all about superheros, legos, trucks, rocket ships and riding your bike.  During your school conference your teacher said, you are a joy.. you're a good friend, kind to others, you wait your turn and participate in class.  You truly have a sweet heart.

This morning you crawled in our bed early and fell back asleep.  When you woke up, daddy said, happy birthday, you smiled.  Then he asked, do you feel any different? You nodded very surely, when he asked how, you weren't sure but you knew you were definitely bigger.

Happy fourth birthday Leo, words cannot express how much I love you, you are such a gift.  I look forward to the adventures that lie ahead.



 Birthday pancakes!
 Leo and I decorated his cake together, I think we've got the superheros covered! 



Wish made, it's official.. he's FOUR!
Nana & Bawdy came by for a birthday dinner and brought a big surprise.. I think he likes it!



No comments:

Post a Comment