Sunday, June 26, 2016

Honey Bee Grad

A couple of weeks ago, Georgia and I drove up to a very special place to see some very special people.  Lauren was graduating from the Children's Garden School, a place that I have known my entire life, a place where my mom taught parent education and where she is still loved deeply.
Lauren is truly a remarkable human being, you can literally hear the wheels turning in her head, always seeing things a way that adults, let alone kids, rarely see.  She is bright, artistic and inquisitive, she is also very patient.  She was the last graduate of the evening, all the while waiting with a smile and making sure the other graduates were paying attention.
The night was made more special because several of my mom's dear friends were there.  During a break, Leslie and I took the girls down to see my mom's tree, one that was planted in her memory nearly 20 years ago.  We just happened to follow Bonnie, Kathy and Marsha to the same spot.  We all gathered under the Handkerchief Tree as it's called, a small table was set up under it with flowers, a candle and a framed photo of my mom with her friends.  What a sight to see, these amazing women with her granddaughters.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment