Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Unxepected

I spent a lot of Georgia's birthday racing around, making sure her birthday breakfast and presents were done in time to get to the bus, running Leo to school, then picking him up and racing to pick up the cupcakes that I would deliver to Georgia's class.  Dropping off Leo then getting over to Georgia's school and passing out cupcakes before the kids came back from recess.  I wanted to make sure her day was special, turning six is a really big deal.
After I'd dropped the cupcakes and watched her class sing to her I walked out of her school feeling so happy for her, that she was enjoying her day without a care in the world.
I got in my car, ready to race off to the next thing, then glanced at my phone, my screen had just lit up telling me that Manuel Essig had posted something on my Facebook page.  I opened it, read the message and looked at the photo, I immediately welled up with tears, good tears.
In the photo Manuel was holding two signs, wishing Georgia happy birthday in both German and English.  The message read, 


I was overwhelmed with gratitude and amazement, how lucky we are that he is who he is.  If you know anything about Facebook then you know you can comment or "like" a post.  I commented on the post but not before a few friends did. By the end of the evening, 115 people "liked" the post and all in all there were 21 comments, saying things like, Heros are among us, God Bless you, Thank you Manuel, we love you.. and more.  Hopefully he knows how highly he is regarded, truly an incredible human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment