Friday, August 21, 2015

Leo

It occurred to me that Leo doesn't get enough coverage these days, so this is all things Leo.  To my adorable, lovable, ball of energy, I had no idea how fun it would be to have a boy.

You love to snuggle as much as you love to be active.  Your sister is your best friend in the world and despite the normal sibling bickering, you play together really well.  You happily play on your own too which makes your mother really happy.

We continue to battle asthma, it only comes on when you're sick but unfortunately that includes minor colds.  We're working to strengthen your lungs, I've been told by several doctors that because you only have asthma when you're sick that you'll likely grow out of it... fingers crossed!

You're a man of many words, you love to talk and do it quite well, clearly pronouncing words, some of which include ones that your mother doesn't like.  The other night at dinner you looked at me and said "God dammit." Then started laughing hysterically.  Moving twice in one summer as brought out some less than perfect language from those around you although I'd like to state for the record that when I asked you where you heard those words, it wasn't from me.

Some of my favorite mispronounced words include:

Prittle Please (Pretty Please)
Bubberfly (Butterfly)
Toda-we Awesome (Totally Awesome)

You're slow to warm up to new situations but lucky for you, your sister has never met a stranger, she's quick to pull you into whatever she is doing and help you settle into new experiences.

While meeting our new neighbors you pointed to Georgia and said, "She ready for kindergarten, me ready for a motorcycle."  You love anything related to construction, sports and trucks.

You say that you're favorite color is "Seahawks" which means blue.  Your favorite shirt is red, white and blue and has a big football on the front, you call it your Seahawks shirt.  You insist on wearing this shirt with your camo shorts almost daily.

Last night you put on one of Georgia's long, fancy skirts, pulled it up to his chest, looked at me and very nonchalantly said, "I go get married."

Since moving into our new house Leo's had trouble sleeping through the night, I went in to find a hysterical boy at about 2am and I asked him what was wrong... "I'm saaad.." I picked him up and asked why he was sad.  Still sobbing, he said, "Because, because... I love you."  Well, the kid sure knows how to pull at his mothers heartstrings.




 On a trip to the ER with breathing difficulties
 Feeling much better 

Fishing is serious business

 Photo credit to Georgia
 "Reading" on our drive to Montana
The most fun part of potty training... Super Hero Underwear!

I captured my little singer on our long drive back from Montana...
Fee fi fidley-i-o strummin on the ole banjo.  Sing along with me...

 Fearless and always in motion....



No comments:

Post a Comment