Thursday, July 2, 2015

Farewell West Seattle

I heard a joke recently, If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.   I'd heard it before but it was a reminder that despite my best efforts, things don't always go as planned.  At the first of the year we met with our realtor, coming up with a list of all the things we should do to get our house ready to sell.  Brian and I worked for months getting things just right, we listed the house and five days later we accepted an offer.
In my plan, we would be buying a house during the closing process and moving into it, getting settled in a new community and getting Georgia signed up for Kindergarten.  My plan didn't come together. Although we looked high and low we haven't been able to find the house we want so the search continues.  We are still trying to keep the faith that it will all come together.  In the meantime we are grateful for family so we have a place to stay and enjoy the summer.
Before we moved, Georgia asked that I keep all of the listing photos from our house so she could look at them whenever she wanted.
Even though I was ready to move on I was sad to leave our house, it's where I brought my children home, it's where all of the firsts happened with them but my strongest memory of this house will always be the bubble that it became when Georgia was sick.  I was our safe place.  I will most of all miss our amazing neighbors who were an incredible support to our family always, they were my village.  We will always remain friends but I will certianly miss having them close by.
I'm looking forward to finding our new home and making new memories, if someone could tell God I'm ready, I'd really appreciate it.














No comments:

Post a Comment