Thursday, November 20, 2014

FIVE

Georgia,
Yesterday you turned five, it feels monumental in so many ways.  I remember the day you were born, waking up early, waiting for the phone to ring so I could be induced, you were running on your own time schedule but at eight days past due it was time to meet you!
In the years that followed you have been my greatest teacher, I told you yesterday that you are the reason I was given the title, mom, you looked surprised.  Before you my dear I was me, owning all parts of myself, now you and your brother have become my heart.  I'm not sure if you'll ever know just how much I love you.
You have taught me about strength, resilience, living and what is important.  You have an old soul but are very much a five year old girl.  I asked you yesterday what is something five year olds know, you said, "you never give up!"  You love playing doctor and caring for your patients, you love playing dress up and dancing around the living room.
You are happy, you wake up happy and in a good mood.  You are a master negotiator, you often say, "how about this for a deal..."
Yesterday we had a family birthday celebration, opening presents first thing in the morning then went to school, ballet then home for requested pizza and cake.  After dinner we went outside and lit a lantern, you made a wish and we sent it off into the night sky.  First, when I said it was time to make a wish, you said, I wish for my family to be healthy.  We had a family hug and I told you that we are all healthy so why don't you make another wish... you smiled and said, I wish for a baby sister, (clearly I should have left the first wish alone) daddy and I looked at each other, had a good laugh then I had to talk about how wishes don't always come true. Luckily you agreed that Leo is a great little brother!
Happy birthday to the most incredible girl in the world, I am so happy that you are my daughter!







 Officially 5!
 Frozen nightgown and CD were a big hit
 Ready for patients with her new Doc Mobile


 Leo was barely done with pizza but ready for cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment