Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pre-K

When's it my turn, mom?  This is the question I've heard over and over for the last week or so.  Finally, it was Georgia's turn today, her last year of preschool.  This morning, in between squealing with delight and asking if it was time to go yet, she was singing "I'm going to pre-K" over and over.
I'm really excited for this year, each day her class starts with a meeting between the kids and teacher, she'll be doing "reports" writing stories and of course, what would preschool be without art?
Last week Georgia received a letter in the mail from her teacher, she also received some homework to complete and bring with her on her first day.  She worked hard on it, writing is not Georgia's most favorite thing, if her letters don't look just how she wants them to she doesn't want to keep going.  I kept encouraging her and she was pleased when she finished it, her answers melted my heart.
Leo and I dropped her off today where she gave her teacher a big hug then was off and running, not surprisingly I had to find her to say goodbye.
It's these days that I am struck with feeling so grateful, my baby is growing up.. I have brief seconds of not being able to believe that she's almost five, or that this is her last year of preschool but I always come quickly back to being so happy, the gift of a healthy child and the opportunity to grow are not something we take lightly.

 My name is: Georgia
I am 4 years old
I live with, Leo, Mom (Mo and an upside down M) and Brian
When I grow up I am going to be a: Doctor
I am special because: I want my family to be healthy and I love them so much

 Jumping with delight


 Whose going to Pre-K?


 Since being home, Leo is wandering around, calling for Georgia.

Go get 'em my girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment