Friday, August 22, 2014

Seventeen Months

I'm nearly a week late on this update, in my defense I have been running around after a very active little boy! Leo, 17 months old, wow!  It is so fun to be able to watch you grow, we are experiencing so many firsts with you, when Georgia was 17 months, she'd just started walking, was bald and very immune compromised.  You are running, climbing, flailing and generally don't like to sit still, I'm taking you tomorrow for your third haircut and I giggle when I see dirt on the side of your mouth.
You're all boy, you get so excited when you see big trucks, love loud machinery, think it's hilarious to show me where your nose is by sticking your fingers up it and when you don't get your way you can throw quite a tantrum.
I call you the clean up crew, after any meal, once you're out of your highchair you crawl up onto any open chair at the table and finish whatever food has been left.  I have to believe you do this because you think you're all grown up, by the amount of food you take in at your chair, I can't believe you are actually still hungry.  One morning I was sitting, eating breakfast and you climbed up onto a chair, then the table and took my spoon and proceeded to finish my cereal, all smiles.
Your vocabulary continues to grow, beep-beep for trucks, hock for hot, na-knock for knock-knock.. those jokes happen often here.
You love to give big hugs, squeezing tight and kisses, complete with smacking lips.  You do your best to keep up with your sister and all the things she can do.  You love to be tickled, your giggle is priceless.
Most importantly you are happy and healthy.  We recently had blood work done and I am happy to report that everything looks normal, even down to those baby monocytes!  I wasn't worried but certainly welcomed the confirmation that you are healthy and thriving.
I love you my boy!

 A rare moment, sitting still
 Cereal thief!
I can't decide who is happier about your love of paddle boarding

No comments:

Post a Comment