Friday, December 4, 2009

Baby Handsaker is here!

We are thrilled to announce that we have a beautiful, healthy daughter.. Georgia Claudia Handsaker was born on Thursday, November 19th at 10:08pm. She weighed 8lbs 8oz and measured 19.5 inches long. This little one has been calling the shots for a while.. at 29 weeks I had issues with pre term labor and was put on no exercise.. and no housework! By 34 weeks I was on bed rest but still felt certain that this baby wasn't going to come too early. We were so happy to hit the 36 week mark which is where my doctor wanted to get me to.. then came 37, 38, 39... still nothing. At my last official appointment at 40 weeks and 1 day (whose counting) we scheduled an induction for the following week.. my doctor said that signing on the dotted line usually brought on labor. This little one had different ideas so eight days past my due date we got a call from Swedish Hospital at about 7am saying they had a bed and a nurse ready! We went in and I was induced.. everything was going along very smoothly until it was time to push.. again our little one was still calling the shots. Between her position and the length of time I'd been in labor the doctor decided it was time to use "alternative methods" which in this case was forceps.. we would try through three contractions and if that didn't work I would need to have a c-section. Luckily she was out and screaming on the first contraction! All through my pregnancy I thought we were having a girl but about 90% of people who saw me said I was having a boy for sure.. when Georgia was born I asked the doctor right away what the baby was, she said "it's a girl".. as they handed her over to me I looked at her and said "I knew you were a girl!"


Just before leaving for the hospital
8 pounds 8.4 ounces!

Baby Georgia


First family photo


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment